Did a repair job for a church friend whose cabinet fell and broke in a few places. Nothing that a bunch of glue, clamps, sanding, and the Lord's grace can't solve! (Our friend will be doing the re-painting.)
Some more progress on the church lectern project...
Finished building the main case with frame and panels, shelves and dividers, and applied spindles and caps.
Next steps are the drawer, the top, scripture panel, and finishing.
Today we helped Jonathan with getting his new countertop installed on his re-assembled kitchen island.
I made some more progress on the church lectern: made rails with edge and back grooves and tenons; premium red oak ply side panels; and made the side assemblies. :)
Update on our son Jonathan's house recovery after flooding...
Now that the flooring has all been replaced, insulation/drywall replaced, and wall painting done, we were able to re-install cabinets in the kitchen and two bathrooms. Yay! :)
I hired a neighbor to make these barn quilts for my sweetie's birthday. Then I made a frame to mount them side by side and hang them on the side of our shed. :)
So, in between some major family activities, I got underway with the lectern. Did some re-design, cut rough blanks for all the parts, and made the legs. Lots of joinery cutting!
(design inspiration: Woodsmith Magazine)
Making progress on getting Jonathan's kitchen island cabinetry restored, after his flooring was replaced.
Church lectern, take 2...
After having cut out all the parts for modifying our church lectern to rough dimensions, it came to light yesterday that the existing lectern is actually owned by one of the member families who had graciously been loaning it to the church (for the last 5 years). And they would need it returned eventually.
So it was decided that plan B is for me to just build a new one for the church from scratch.
After some research, noodling, and conferring with the pastor, I've decided on an adaptation of the unit in this picture (from the "Library Stand" plan in Woodsmith magazine, issue 189).
Time to re-start the gathering of materials...
So at our church we have a tall pastor, but a short lectern. This will not do. :) Time to make it a little taller and more functional. We plan to make a base that will raise it by a few inches, as well as make a new top and mount it at a better angle. We did some design work, then got pieces cut to rough dimensions...