After looking at the glued up table top closely and checking with a straight edge, I decided I was not quite satisfied with some of the joints or the overall flatness of the top. So, after some prayer and some deep breaths, I cut the top back apart (carefully!) along two of the seams.
I brought the all the partial slabs to an "industrial grade" wood shop near downtown Staunton so they could use their monster-sized wide belt sander to get them nice and flat. While there, they decided out of their kindness to also finesse some of the edges and re-glue them back using their monster-sized jointer and glue-up rack, for free. Thanks!
Then I hauled the top back home and added a strip along one edge to give it a more symmetrical appearance. And voila, it's ready to start the breadboard installation. Yay!